Some of the most enjoyable things to do in Auckland won’t cost you a brass razo! And if you are smart enough not to own a car but use cityhop , New Zealand’s only car share company, here are some ideas for a ‘free’ weekend of activity. Drive a cityhop from only $15 an hour or $75 for 24 hours. Find out how easy it is to be car-less ansd save money. Car share is the smart person’s way to having access to a car without the cost. Locations all over Auckland City and Wellington to pick up and drive.
1. Visit Cornwall Park. At the weekend, we went for a walk in Cornwall Park, one of the big parks in Auckland City. There were lots of people enjoying the first signs of spring. The cherry trees were starting to blossom, the daffodils sprinfing up along Twin Oak Drive and the magnolia brilliant white blooms are appearing. Cornwall park has loads of places for picnicing, walking, exploring, playing and eating. The view from the top of the Summit is a great view of Auckland.
2. Go for a walk along our magnificent waterfront. Walk for as long or as short as you can. Plenty of places to stop for an ice cream or coffee. Watch the boats, enjoy the scenery.
3. Go and sit at the Viaduct and people watch. There’s also lots of restaurants!
4. Visit the Waitakere Ranges – the Arataki centre has the most stunning views of the West Coast; see the airport and the jets coming and going; learn a little more about the NZ bush.
5. Then there is the beautiful Domain -where the Auckland War Memorial Museum is. There are the fabulous Wintergardens with their wonderful of array of plants and wildlife. Check out the huge lily pads.