The NZ Herald has an amazing ‘Killen’ like photo of the disgusting collection of rubbish found inside a turtle’s tummy.
50 of 92 turtles found dead stranded along the shorelines of Rio Grande do Sul state in Brazil had ingested a “considerable amount of man made debris.”
Latex balloons are one of the worst culprits being found in animal’s faeces so those people who like letting balloons go for ceremonies please think again!
The ‘great garbage patch’ ( blogged last year) in the North Pacific Gyre is now the size of Texas and has over 3.5 million plastic items from toys to toothbrushes.
Sadly sea turtles are those affected and they can be seriously harmed.
Biologists say we can all help reduce the threat of plastics by taking our plastic home with us and avoid taking plastic drink bottles to the beach since so many seem to stay there!